The 2023 Top 30 Global Medical Device Companies by MPO features seven companies based in Coyol Free Zone. The top spot belongs to Abbott, improving its second place from 2022, while Medtronic, the former leader of this ranking, holds now the second position overall.
The list also features the following companies that operate at our Park:
- Cardinal Health
- Terumo (Microvention-Terumo)
- Smith + Nephew
The firms are ranked according to sales reported for their most recent fiscal year. Not all companies explicitly break out the device portion of total revenues.
As a referent hub for Medical Devices in the continent, we are proud of the impact made by these companies in improving the quality of patients worldwide, following a successful year for their businesses. They also generate an important local impact, as a source of quality employment and comprising the most prolific exporting industry of Costa Rica.
We promote their growth by offering at our Park the best conditions and resources available, supporting their role as leaders in the Life Sciences industry.
Coyol Free Zone: the ideal Free Zone for Medical Device Manufacturers
The blend of experience, a convenient location, and several attractive complementary benefits make Coyol Free Zone the ideal hub for companies seeking to establish operations in Costa Rica, or to increase their regional reach.
Some of the advantages we offer include:
- On-site sterilization. The presence of on-site sterilization companies in our Park allows the medical devices to be exported directly from Costa Rica to different destinations worldwide.
- Sustainability and environmental responsibility. This includes LEED-certified buildings, the use of renewable energy sources, and several ecological awards that are proof of our commitment to sustainability.
- +16 years of experience providing OEMs with an ideal ecosystem for growth and success.
- Cutting-edge infrastructure. Our clients rely on the most experienced team of engineers in Costa Rica for developing industrial buildings and our Open-Book concept for Tenant Improvements. We strategically run all the pre-construction, execution, budget control, and delivery processes for every project.
- Focus on human talent. We understand the value of well-trained and satisfied employees for the optimal operation of our clients. Some examples include our internal transportation platform with digital payment, as well as the several training and recruiting programs that we offer.